Book Review: Veggie Tales: The Mess Detectives and the Case of the Lost Temper

**I was given this book by the publishing company for an honest review.  All opinions are my own and are not swayed by any person or company.**




Veggie Tales.  Every time I hear those two words I automatically sing the theme song in my head (the original one not that new one).  I know that Veggie Tales have been under scrutiny in the last couple of years but I have to say that I am still a fan.  They have catchy songs and great messages.

I was excited to have the opportunity to review an I Can Read level 1 Veggie Tales book.  The book I was asked to review is from The Mess Detective Series, The Case of the Lost Temper.

"In this Level One VeggieTales I Can Read, The Mess Detectives and the Case of the Lost Temper, Bob and Larry have another important case … track down the Masked Door Slammer. But when the investigation doesn’t go the way Bob wants, and things go wrong, he begins to lose his temper."
The story is a condensed version of the same story that was released back in 2006.  The book shows how easy it is to loose your temper as well as how your temper can effect others.  The story is cute and would be great for any beginning reader.


I gave this book to my oldest daughter to read to one of her sisters.  I always love hearing her read.  She read the book easily (of course she reads at a 5th grade level so this was below her level anyway).  She also retained the information.  Now whether she will use the lesson from the story in her own life only time will tell.


Comments