Book Review: The Berenstain Bears, God Shows the Way

**The publisher sent me this book for an honest review.  All opinions are my own.**

I have fond memories of The Berenstain Bears.  I remember my mom reading them to me as a child.  I remember watching the cartoon at my granny and grandpa's house.  When I found out that I was pregnant with my first child years ago I was happy to know that I would pass my love of these wonderful bears down to her.  

Three kids later and I can say that I accomplished this goal. 

I was excited when I was given a copy of the latest Berenstain Bear book to review.  My girls were so excited that they grabbed it as soon as I had taken it out of the box.  My oldest had already read it twice on the first day. 


After prying the book out of their very tiny but very strong fingers, I was finally able to read it to all three of them.  I have to say that this is not my favorite Bears book.  The stories (there are three of them) are great but I feel like the scripture given is a bit over kids heads.

Book one is titled, "Faith Gets Us Through."  It is a very cute story where Papa is Papa and gets himself into trouble.

Book two is titled, "Do Not Fear, God Is Near."  I feel like this story pulls from scripture that may be hard for the typical 5-6 year old to understand.  It is a great story about how you should not be afraid. If you have a child who is afraid of shadows or the dark then this story may help. 

Book three is titled, "Piggy Bank Blessings."  This is a cute story on teaching children to save money.  I like this story except that I personally do not pay my children to do chores.  I feel like this is what living life together looks like.  The story is great, it just does not relate to our family in a way it may relate to other families.  

I love the Berenstain Bears but I am just not sure I am sold on this book.  My kids though, they love it and that is what matters.

Comments

  1. Cool! I had no idea that there were books about faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have several and they are wonderful. I will most likely be reviewing another from this series in the next month or two.

      Delete

Post a Comment