Review: Ladies Poise Microliners

**Crowdtap and Ladies Poise sponsored this post. These companies sent me samples to try and review. All comments are my own and are never swayed by any company or person.**

I am going to start this post off by stating that I had this entire review finished and ready for posting last week. I opened it tonight (Wednesday) to fine-tune it to find that it had completely disappeared. Please bare with me and forgive me if I leave out any vital information. I am going to do my best to make this a great review and let everyone know about my experience with Poise. Thank you.

 

When I found myself pregnant for the first time seven years ago there were many many people I knew (and some I didn't) giving me advise or letting me know how my life was going to change. I had people tell me that I would no longer have free time, I would never know a good nights sleep again, I would want to pull my hair out from stress, that I would have a hard time keeping up with my friends who were childless. Don't get me wrong, not one person said any of these things to scare me, just to let me know things would be different. I greatly appreciate their transparency. I also had friends tell me that my body would never be the same. I would have crazy stretch marks (check), saggy boobs (check), flabby stomach (check).

One thing not one single person told me was the fact that I would spontaneously pee my pants. Yep! Pee my pants! It's true. Coughing, sneezing, laughing, exercising. Any of these activities could trigger, what I now know is called, Light Bladder Leakage (LBL for short).

LBL is a common occurrence for women after childbirth. I will admit that I didn't have excessive LBL until after my third child was born. Ever since her birth I have found that there are many activities I cannot do anymore, jumping jacks being one of them. I was speaking to other moms about this recently and they said the trampoline is not doable anymore for them.

I had pretty much convinced myself that these types of activities were on my "no no" list. But wait! There is a company who knows and cares about these problems.

Poise has designed microliners to help women who have developed LBL. I know! I thought Poise was only for the elderly who had bladder control issues but they are not!

Poise products offer absorbent protection to hep manage your LBL. Their products are made with Super Absorbent Material (SAM). They are specially designed to instantly absorb wetness, neutralize odor and stay 3x drier than period-only pads and liners. They currently come in five different styles:

Microliners: These are the lightest of the line. They are 2x more absorbent than period-only liners.

Liners: These are considered very light. They stay 3x drier than leading similar-size, period only liners and are also available in long.

Ultra Thin Pads: These are considered light. They stay 3x drier and also come in long.

Pads: Moderate (3x drier than leading period-only maxi and available in long), Maximum (40% more absorbent than Poise Moderate and come in long) and Ultimate (30% more absorbent than Poise Maximum and are available in long).

Poise Hourglass Pads: Moderate, Maximum and Ultimate. The Poise Hourglass provides ideal balance of confort and protection with a contour shape. They are equipped with Comfort-Flex leak sheilds to help reduce side leaks.

I held a little side-by-side comparisson for you all.

The first shows the Poise Microliner in long (their lightest absorbency). It is side by side with a leading competitors period protection pany liner. As you can (hopefullly) see the competitors liner is at least 3x thicker than the Poise. The Poise is literally paper thin!

Granted, the Poise is in long but look at that differance when the competitors liner is on top of the Poise. That is a huge size differeance.

I chose to do a side by side of the Poise Ultra Thin Pad (their 3rd lightest) to a competitors thin period maxi. This is where I would have to disagree with Poise. The competitors pad is significantly thinner than the Poise. But, the Poise is more absorbent.

I was able to try these out (after pictures silly) and can safely say that the people behind Poise know what they are doing. I had thought that certain exercises were out of the question for me but now with Poise I can do any of those bladder leakage causing exercises I want. Watch out jumping jacks, here I come!

If you are wanting more information on Poise you can check out their website here or search the hashtag #LadiesWithPoise to see what others are saying.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments