Bluth's Frozen Banana Badge: DIY


Who celebrated Cinco de Cuatro yesterday??

While my husband and daughters celebrated Star Wars Day I thought I would represent Cinco. I initally wanted to make a freezer paper stencil of Mr. Banana Grabber but didn't have an extra shirt to use.

As I was trying to figure out what I could do with what I already had in the house I decided to cross stitch something. I was looking through different images that would could be translated in to cross stitch when I came across the Bluth's Frozen Banana sign. Perfect!

I started sketching the sign out and fell in love.

I thought I would share it with all of the Arrested Development fans out there.

 

Supplies:

  • cross stitch fabric. I used size 14 but would have used a larger square count if I had it on hand.
  • my pattern (pictured below)
  • embroidery floss. You will need blue, yellow, gold, black, red and a very small amount of brown.
  • embroidery needle
  • hoop
  • thick cardboard
  • scissors
  • glue gun
  • pin back

Set your fabric in your hoop and use the picture as a guide and start embroidering. I used three strands of color for everything.

The red boarder is 40 x 27.

You don't really have to worry about securing your thread ends since you will be glueing the entire piece.

Plug in your glue gun.

Measure out your piece around your red border. Cut a piece of thick cardboard in the same size.

Cut your cross stitch fabric leaving a 1" boarder around the red.

Spread a layer of glue on one side of your cardboard and place your embroidered piece down on the glue. Glue around the back sides and wrap your piece around the cardboard making sure it is secure.

Place a line of hot glue where you want your pin back. Place the pin on and let everything dry.

Viola! Wear your Banana Stand Badge proudly!!

Remember, there is ALWAYS money in the Banana Stand!!!

**This DIY is for personal use only. Please do not sell finished items or my pattern.**

**If you share this, please refer back to my post for the pattern. Do not cut & paste.**

 

Comments

  1. Creative idea, I like it. I did something like this for me. Follow the link if you want to see it, you will like it, I am positive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment