5/341 & 6/341

So I inadvertently read two books off of my Rory Gilmore book list.

That's a little surprise.

I was at the library awhile back and decided to pick up two short books that were on the summer book club reading list.  These books were:


and


I had never read these two books and wanted to so I picked them up and read them each in a day.  In fact I read Night in just two hours.  Don't let this make you think it was necessarily an easy read, it is a VERY heavy book.  I had to lay it down for a few minutes in order to continue reading it.  

I HIGHLY recommend you read Night if you have not before.  I have always had an interest in WWII history and this book is now truly one of my favorites from that time frame.  After reading it I was quite upset that it was not required reading while in highschool.  On this note, I am also shocked that Fahrenheit 451 was not on this list either.  If you enjoy 1984 (which was required in HS) then you will enjoy Bradbury's book as well.  It makes me want to read and read and read and never stop.  It makes me grateful that I went to a college that required scripture memorization as well.

I am now reading The Great Gatsby which I have never read before.  (gasp!)  I'm only on chapter 3 right now so I don't have much to say about it other than I am pretty sure I am going to enjoy it.

Have you read any good books lately?

Comments