DIY: FOE Elastic Hair Ties

I absolutely love Anthropology.  Who doesn't?  When I saw these ties I wanted them but I did not want the price tag that went with them.  This spawned a very simple, no sew, DIY.

Tools needed: 
FOE (one yard equals four ties)
Scissors
Lighter or lit candle

Step one:
Find some FOE (fold over elsatic).  You can find this at any fabric store (in the diaper section) or you can buy it on Etsy.  I purchased mine from Opus 19.  You can find the listing here.  Only $0.25/yard!!

Step two: 
Cut your FOE into fourths.  Just fold it in half, then half again.

Step three:
Using your fire source melt the raw edges of your elastic.  You don't need to actually put it in the fire, just close enough to melt it.

Step four:
Tie the edges together.

Step five: 
Wear them!  They actually hold without damaging your hair.  I have tried all of the "ouch-less" hair ties and had never had one that worked...until now!

Comments