reading, knitting and sewing has taken over!

I can't believe how long it has been since I have been on here. There is a simple explanation though, reading, knitting and sewing.

Reading:
I took the kiddos to another library the other day.  We are lucky to have several libraries that we can choose from here in KCK.  I went to this other library because it had Mindy Kaling's book on hand.  While we were there I stumbled upon an ENORMOUS graphic novel section.  It was amazing.  Not only do they have just about everything from Frank Miller but they also had quite a few Doctor Who books to choose from.  After I picked up Mindy Kaling's book I picked up a couple of the 10th Doctor's books.
I ended up reading Mindy's book in a day, Martha in the Mirror in a day and now I am working on Doctor Who The Many Hands.  I was on a reading frenzy apparently.
LOVED this book!
This was my first Doctor Who book and I really enjoyed it.  The writing fit in perfectly to their acting styles.
This book is not as good as the one above but it is enjoyable.

Knitting:
A dear dear friend of mine found out that she had a large mass on her brain that had to be surgically removed. Because of the surgery she ended up having to have her head shaved.  Since we are still battling some cold weather around here I decided to knit her up three hats.
I only have one picture of one hat that I made but it was my favorite of the three.  You can check out my Ravelry page to see more finished or WIP projects.

Not the best picture but I love how middle gets herself in the frame in her crazy pj's. 

Sewing:
The same dear friend that had the mass on her brain found out that it was cancerous.  She has had to quit her job, loose her insurance and has to have radiation five days a week for six weeks.  The radiation is here in KC which is 2.5 hours from her home.  It is just the start of a rough road ahead for her.  Because of this I decided to sew up these dolls for her and put them in my Etsy shop.  Each doll is one of a kind is sewn with love.  The dolls are $16 each with $15 of that going directly to her (the reaming dollar pays Etsy and PayPal fees).  It's not much but it will help with simple living expenses such as food and water, as well as her travel expenses to radiation.  Please help by either purchasing a doll and/or sharing the story and shop link.



Comments