4/341

I finished my first Vonnegut book the other day.  The husband really enjoys his books and has many of them.  I had always wanted to read one but had so many other great books in my to-read book pile that I had never gotten around to it.  I am so happy that was a Vonnegut book on the Rory Gillmore Reading Challenge list.

Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut.

When I read the synopsis of this book I had the feeling that I was going to be completely lost and confused.  Thankfully it was a pretty easy and simple read.  The story jumps around to numerous times in the main characters life.  And does it ever jump!  I did like the book though.  I can't say I completely enjoyed it but it does make me want to read some more Vonnegut books on characters that are mentioned in Slaughterhouse Five.
Breakfast of Champions

God Bless You Mr Rosewater

The Sirens of Titan

Mother Night

I am hoping to find the time this week to watch the movie based on this book.  It is currently on Netflix.

My next read is Mark Twain's Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.  Hopefully my allergies with terrible headaches will give me a bit of a reprieve soon so that I can sit and read.

Comments