Pinterest Friday: completed projects

This last week has been a bit hectic so I wasn't able to complete the projects I had hoped so today we will take a look back at two projects I have completed.

Project 1: The first project is a desk turned end tables.

 from U Create

 I, unfortunately, do not have a completed before picture but here is one after it was cut and rounded.

This was a free all wood desk that came from my husbands Oma.  My husband and father-in-law were kind enough to cut it and round the edges (well almost all the edges, the router broke on the second half).  From here I peeled off the linoleum top and removed the drawer pulls.  I then sanded down the entire piece, painted and installed new hardware.

Price:
Desk:  FREE
Paint: $5 (found on the miss match paint clearance shelf at Lowe's)
Hardware: $12 (Lowe's)

Total: $17 for two end tables.

Project 2:

found at Home Goods.

These are two handwritten recipe's that I had found in my granny's old cookbook.  My granny died when I was 13 so these are very dear to me.  As soon as I saw the idea on Pinterest I knew I had add this artwork to my kitchen.  I love seeing them several times a day and being reminded of my granny (which my two oldest girls are named after).

Price:
Frames: $1 for both (from Goodwill) I spray painted these with some red paint I already had on hand.

Total:  $1 for one of a kind kitchen art.

I hope you all are having a great Friday!  Go on out and create something this weekend!

Comments

  1. those recipe cards a very, very cool! You did a great job with them and thanks for sharing the idea.
    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get them so big?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do you enlarge the recipe this big? Who does this? What a great idea.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! These are actually just 3x5 frames with the original recipes. I think most big office chains will enlarge them inexpensively if you want bigger.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment