heart stamp valentines tutorial

I have never really been a person who enjoys Valentines Day.  It just hasn't appealed to me.  Then I had kids.  They make even the most mundane "holiday" fun.  I decided this year I would let them makes some valentines for some family and friends who live far away.  They had a lot of fun making these and I can't wait for people to open up their wonderfully hand made valentines.

**disclaimer: these are terrible pictures.  All pictures were taken in my living room at night with my phone.  If anyone would like to donate a nice DSLR I would sure take it! :)

You can make these too with items you most likely already have lying around the house!


Here is what you will need:
*toilet paper roll
*cardstock
*paint
*envelopes
*ribbon
*glue


I had some 12x12 cardstock lying around the house.  I decided to cut the paper into 6x6 squares.  This way we were able to get four cards for every one sheet.

Next form your toilet paper roll into a heart.  Make sure your points are sharp.

Fold your paper in half.

Take your paint and pour some on a paper plate.  This is where the kids come in to help.  Here are my two having a blast making some hearts.  You can also make a heart on an envelope for a fun little matching set.
  A is very proud of her artwork.
V takes this very seriously.
 L was pretty upset there wasn't anything for her to do.

Wait for your paint to dry then cut some ribbon in to 7" strips.  Glue this ribbon on to the top of your card.  

Next write a sweet little message inside and give your cards to ones you love.

Happy Love Day.

Comments