Pinterest Friday: Snowflakes

Today I am going to show our results of two Pinterest projects I did with the older two kiddo's a couple of weeks back.

It was one of those days where the older two were about to kill each other for who knows what, probably over a toy train or something.  They needed an activity to keep them busy so I looked through my "Ideas to Try" Pinterest page.  I found a couple of fun snowflake ideas so we decided to give them a go.
First up was A, the two year old.  We made a couple of borax snowflakes and had a lot of fun doing it. You can find the instructions at Delia Creates.
This is what they looked like as soon as we placed the pipe cleaners in the borax water.

Here is what they looked like after 36 hours.
**One tip I would add is to make sure you use WHITE pipe cleaners.

It has been two week and they are still in great condition hanging from our kitchen window.  This was a great activity and kept A busy.  She kept her chair pushed up to the counter and watched her snowflakes grow for a very long time.

I chose to make some paper snowflakes with V, the four year old.  She LOVES Star Wars, it is inherited by her dad.  We looked up some fun designs at If It's Hip It's Here.
This is our snowflake collection of three others made at Google Fiber and two felt snowflakes purchased on clearance at Target.
**One tip would be to use coffee filters.  We used printer paper and it was pretty difficult to cut out all the small pieces.

All in all these two activities kept the little ones busy and happy.  Afterwards they were able to play nicely together and forgot all about their bickering.

To check out more of my completed Pinterest ideas check out and follow my "Completed Projects" board.

Comments