Pintrest Successes!

I have so many many items saved to my pintrest boards that I woke up today with the urge to start trying some of these things out.

My first project was to make some dog biscuits.

Here is the recipe:

DOG BISCUITS
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Mix the dry ingredients.  Stir in milk and peanut butter to form dough.  On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4" thickness.  Cut out your cookies.  Bake on a greased cookie sheet for 20 minutes.  Store in an air tight container.

We made these for our weenie dog Thor for Christmas.  We decided to give him one, to make sure he liked them, it was gone in about 2 seconds!  I think we have a winner.  The best part is that I had all of the ingredients in my cupboard.

oldest getting in on the cookie cutting action.


youngest wanted to help too.
Next up was some play dough

Here is the recipe for this one.  It worked great!  And again, I had everything for it already in my cupboard.
PLAY DOUGH
1 cup flour
1 cup warm water
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon oil
1/4 cup salt
food coloring

1. Combine all ingredients, minus coloring, in medium saucepan.
2. Stir over medium heat until smooth.
3. Continue stirring continuously until dough balls, 1-2 minutes then remove from heat.
4. When dough cools, knead until smooth and form into a ball.
5. Divide ball into equal sections for however many colors you want.
6. Store in an air tight container.

 Youngest stirring up the ingredients.
Playing with the play dough and watching A Christmas Carol. 
The girls give it two thumbs up.

This one I made a few days ago.  I don't have a finished picture of my product.  This was super easy and cheap.  I couldn't believe how cheap the InsulBright was, a little over $5/yard.
I have been wanting one of these for quite awhile but didn't want to shell out the money for it.  This thing cost me about $4 total.

Comments