DIY Baby Doll Items

The husband really wanted to get our soon to be 2 year old some baby doll items for Christmas. We went to several stores and couldn't find one outfit for less than $10. For that price we could just buy some preemie outfits.

After arriving home last night saddened that we couldn't find anything affordable I started searching Pintrest for some ideas.  Here is what I ended up making her last night and finished up making her tonight:

Doll Diapers


For this I made up my own pattern.  They turned out adorable, if I say so myself, and fit perfectly.  
Best thing is that it cost me $0 because I already had everything for them!!! I would have a picture of them on her doll but she is already in bed with said doll.

Felt Wipes

You don't need a pattern for this.  Just make an envelope and use your peeking shears for the wipes.  Minimal sewing on this one.  Price = $0

Changing Pad

Again, for this I used my own pattern, if you want to call it that.  Its just fabric doubled up with plastic sewn on the bottom.  Price = $0

Swaddle Blanket


I made up my own pattern for this but based it off of a pattern that I had 
purchased off of Etsy.  I bought it from Sassy Patterns and 
then tweaked it a bit to fit a doll.  Price = $0

Diaper Bag

I found this organizing tote bag tutorial a while back but hadn't 
had the chance to use it yet...until today!  I love how this turned out and 
the tutorial is extremely easy to read.  I highly recommend!!  
Price = $5.50 (fabric [was on the clearance rack and JoAnn's] & bias tape)
I could have made it cheaper if I would have made my own tape but I was in a rush.

Stroller


A couple of weeks ago my daughters broke the fabric on their stroller.  I had plenty of fabric left from the diaper bag that I decided to make a new seat for their stroller.
I found the tutorial here.  Very easy to understand.  I used the left over bias tape instead of the cotton weaving that they used.  I also reused the weaving that the closures were on.  I just removed them from the old stroller and had sewn them on the new one.  (please ignore the disgusting handles.  they will be my next project)   Price = $0

Lets recap:

diapers=$0
felt wipes=$0
changing pad=$0
swaddle blanket=$0
diaper bag=$5.50
stroller cover=$0
TOTAL=$5.50

I can't even think how much this would cost me if I were to buy it a store and I know that the quality would be no where near the quality of handmade.  I can't wait to see the look on youngest' face when she opens up these gifts.

Comments

  1. The diaper bag turned out so cute. A will love all those things!

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment