back in the swing of things

I am so bad at this whole blogging thing. Between taking care of two little ones (and a husband), having a little one on the way, sewing for my etsy shop, sewing for an upcoming craft show and taking care of a house...well you get the idea. I am going to try to take some time a few days a week, at least, and keep up with this thing.

I feel extremely lucky to be involved in a very large craft show in December. I have been sewing like crazy for this thing. In between sewing for the show I have also been trying to get some Christmas gifts ready as well as special orders I have been having come in from my etsy shop.

One Christmas gift I started and am hoping to finish tonight is a chevron baby doll quilt for my youngest. We found her an all wooden baby doll bed at the local JC Penny outlet but am not a fan of the bedding that comes with it. I decided she needed something a bit cuter. This quilt is my first completed quilt I have made and am so happy at how it has turned out.
I will probably be making some more of these and when that happens I will have a tutorial on here.

I have also been working on some jersey knit items. I picked up 9 3/4 yards of grey jersey knit at a local bargain factory for $1.50/yd. I was able to get three moby-type wraps, two maternity bands and two swaddle blankets out of it with a few yards left over. I love the versatility of jersey.

Comments

  1. Adorable quilt! Good job, I am terrible at doing even semi-large projects. Are the moby wraps for you or are you going to be selling them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are for the craft show. I was going to keep one for myself but I figure I can just make another one sometime in January.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment