craft room re-do

I am very thankful that our house has two extra bedrooms. This means that one is set up as a guest bedroom and one is my craft room/daughters school room. This room is the smallest of all the bedrooms which is perfect because I don't need a lot of room (in our old house I was working out of our dining room, not ideal). The one bad thing about this room, minus the wall color, was the carpet. I can't even tell you the color of it. Some days it was red, some days it looked orange. Either way...disgusting! It didn't even match any of the other carpet in the rest of the house, odd.
I woke up yesterday morning with the overwhelming urge to rip this stuff up! I knew that there were 100+ year old hardwoods under the carpet, knew that most of it looked good, didn't know how all of it looked. This didn't matter to me though. I went ahead, got out my box cutter and crow bar and went to work. This is what a portion of it looked like immediately after I pulled up the carpet.
With the floor looking this nice before I even cleaned it gave me the energy to pull the rest of it up. Here is the finished look. I still need to scrub a few spots but for now it looks beautiful!

My next goal is to remove the huge metal shelves out of the room (there is a small patch of carpet left under them. they are pretty heavy). I also want to remove the wallpaper border and paint the walls a cheery color.

Comments