walking down memory lane.

I usually don't post on Sundays but the kiddos are still asleep and we don't need to get ready for church for a few more minutes. I better take advantage of these few moments of silence while I can.

My mom and I were reminiscing yesterday about my wedding. I love knowing that people enjoyed it as much as we did and that we made it an event. To put it in a nutshell we only spent $1000 total and half of that was on my dress. We were married outside a several hundred year old barn that the hubbies grandfather had purchased after he returned from the war. We had a hay ride after the ceremony for all of the kids with my hubbies brother at the wheel of the tractor. It was a fun quaint time.










The wedding leads me to think of the honeymoon which we also did on a very small budget. We chose to travel Route 66. It was perfect for us! We were not a a schedule. We had a date that we had to be back to Missouri but otherwise we were on our own. We met some amazing people, seen amazing places and picked up some awesome souvenirs. I can't wait to travel the Route with my hubbie again someday.



Comments

  1. That all sounds wonderful! Someday, I'm just going to hop in the car and drive with no destination and no plan - just drive to nowhere. :) Well, first I guess I have to wait a few years... it might help to be old enough to get a driver's license. LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Is that last picture in Shamrock, TX?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment