surgery, sleepless nights, schoolwork

My life has been a crazy hectic mess the past several days. I am truly grateful that most of my days are not like this.
Last Monday my 3 year old had her adenoids and tonsils removed. I am thankful that we had an AMAZING doctor and that the surgery went perfectly. V woke up terribly and we ended up staying at the surgery center several hours in recovery just trying to get her to calm down and drink something. It broke my heart to see my little girl so confused and terrified.
Monday (well Sunday actually) started the restless nights. I had to wake up every 4 hours to give V her medicine and then the medicine would make her talk and walk in her sleep. She still refuses to eat and only drinks the bare minimum. She should be back to normal in just a few short days. Hallelujah!!
At the same time during all of this my youngest has two top teeth popping through her sore little gums. She has been in pain and having loose stool from all of this which causes a terrible diaper rash. She has finally started to feel better thankfully.

V has been feeling better the last two days so we left the house today. On the way to a friends house I stopped at one, and only one, garage sale. I didn't think I would find much but I thought I would give it a try. The stop was completely random and I wasn't planning on stopping at any garage sales today. At this sale I found the jackpot!! I found the A Beka pre-K curriculum for (drum roll please) $10!!! I couldn't believe it! As soon as I saw it I told the person holding the sale that I was so grateful that she was selling this. She stated that she wasn't sure anyone would want it. My MIL has been looking for this set for quite awhile for my 3 year old. I am so excited to start this up soon!

If you are looking for a homeschool curriculum, check out A Beka. I have known a lot of people use this and love it!

Comments

  1. Aw, poor V... I hope she's feeling better!

    And awesome find at the yard sale - I didn't know you homeschooled! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope V feels better soon! :) <3

    I love yard sales- don't you??? It's like- you can find anything you want at one! Heehee

    xoxo
    Jordan

    P.s.
    I had no idea you homeschooled either! That’s awesome :) I'm homeschooled! Hehe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment