knit or scrapbook?

I must say that I have been impressed with myself lately. I know, that sounds egotistical but I think you will agree soon. I have a problem with quitting things. These things can be exercising, playing the Autoharp, various crafts and numerous others. There have been many times lately where I have wanted to quit on my Etsy shop too due to low sale numbers. To combat these feelings I have chosen to add more items to the shop and to continue to knit and/or sew. So far I have kept up with this challenge. I have sewn many bags, dolls and rabbits (some have not yet been added to the shop yet). The last two days I have been working on knit baby blankets. I am hoping to have three or four done before craft show season starts up. I was hoping to have blanket #1 completed today but then was sidetracked with scrapbooking.

There is something you should know about me, I'm not really a scrapbooker. But, for my first daughter I decided to chronicle every week of her first year with a scrapbook page that consisted of a picture from that week and a little blurb. The book was time consuming but work every second. I, as well as V, enjoy sitting down and looking through all the pages and watching her progression. Obviously I would want to do a book like this with my second daughter. Everyone kept telling me that with the second child things get put on the back burner and usually don't get finished. I thought this is rubbish. I was wrong. A is now almost 11 months old and I just today finished her week 15 scrapbook page. Thankfully, I have been journalling on my computer every week so that when the pages are complete I just copy each blurb down and attach a picture. This is the reason that I have been behind on knitting.

The blanket I am making is a series of 25 squares and then a knit boarder. I am just know finishing the last square. I did already seam all the other 24 squares together so I am almost done but am behind on my deadline.

I will leave now with pictures of my little one's. This is V's awesome bed head from this morning. (she has extremely straight hair, not a curl to it)


Comments

  1. That's a great idea for a scrapbook! It also sounds like a lot of work. ;) But I also know that if I had a scrapbook like that, I'd treasure it and love it to bits. :) It's good that you're keeping a journal of each week, I'm sure it'll be a HUGE help!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment