try and try again

I tried my newest idea...making some baby bibs out of plastic bags. I had the bags fused together, fabric cut, label attatched to fabric, and then I messed up. I sewed the fabric a little too loose. I thought I would fix this problem by slightly ironing it to move the fabric over and stitch it again, this melted the plastic just slightly so that it bowed. AHHH!!! Now I have to start all over by fusing more plastic bags together. It is a learning process. I am hoping I get this figured out so that I can I have these done by December 11th.

Went to Michael's on Black Friday. I was happy that it wasn't too busy, of course I went at 10am. Picked up some new yarn. I LOVE stitch nation yarn and picked up a couple of skeins of the Peruvian wool and then a couple from Patton's wool collection. Pretty excited to make some more mitts out of these. I LOVE the colors!

I also started to make some more baby slings. I haven't made any in awhile and haven't listed any on my etsy shop. I have decided that the baby slings and nursing wraps that I make from now on (for the most part) will all be made from repurposed material. I have a very pretty floral Ralph Lauren sheet that I am going to be making some slings out of. I also have some pillow cases from another set that I will be making some nursing wraps out of. Pretty excited!!

So much work to do!!

Comments