counting down

Today I realized just how close Thanksgiving is. I was completely shocked that it is less than a week away, I now understand why my mom has been so frantic. Thanksgiving is the holiday where my mom decides that everything has to be perfect. I wasn't here for the holiday last year, since we were in Idaho, so this year I am trying to make up for it. Today I painted a section of the family room wall that has not been painted for years. This is only because there was a 40+/- gallon fish tank in the way. My parents decided to give us their fish tank that has been with them since before I was born. Slowly things are coming together.

My aunt and uncle are supposed to be coming up the day after Thanksgiving to spend some time with us Missourians. I am pretty excited to see them and for them to see our two little girls.

Since Thanksgiving is just a few days away I am trying to decide whether to set up our Christmas decorations or not. Part of me wants to at least set up some lights and put the three out in a couple of weeks.

All of this has given me a break from knitting today. I did knit a little but didn't finish anything. I have found that it is nice to take a day or two off once in a while.

Comments