Make Your Own Pot Rack

Back in June we moved to a wonderful new house in a new state.  We love this house but it has a problem...a VERY small kitchen.  This kitchen has very little cabinet space and I was having to put all of my pots and pans in the laundry room.

Since June the husband and I have been on the lookout for a pot rack.  We couldn't have just any pot rack though, it had to be a wall mounted pot rack because our ceilings are pretty low in that room.  We thought, no big deal!  How hard could it be to find a nice, affordable, pot rack?  We found out just how hard that was.

After searching craigslist and thrift stores we bit the dust and went to William Sonoma.  It makes me laugh to even think we could afford anything at William Sonoma but my husband wanted to check Restoration Hardware.  This makes me laugh even more!

Of course WS had something we loved.










We definitely did not love the price.  $340


The other day the husband and I were walking through an antique store where we have a booth when I spied a wall mounted quilt rack.  My mind immediately went to, "hey, that could be made into a pot rack."

Here is what we now have on our walls and my laundry room is officially pot and pan free!



I love that the shelf at the top has wide enough slats to hold all of my lids as well as my cook books.  Because it is a quilt rack, the two bars that hold the S hooks are staggered so that they hold the pans perfectly.

Quilt Rack: $22
S Hooks (10): $15

WS Pot Rack: $340
Our Pot Rack: $37 (savings of $303)

Comments